Saturday, May 22, 2010

. . . and Gone Again

So I'm blogging from Grand Junction now. We've had an interesting few days, including a trip to the hospital in Glenwood Springs on our way over the mountain due to some preterm labor. Tim very nearly panicked when we started timing my contractions in Glenwood Canyon and they were only two minutes apart! We called our doctor's office back home and were directed to the nearest hospital. The doctor even called ahead to let them know we were coming. About four hours later they released me after giving me some drugs to slow down the contractions. Looks like baby is trying to force her way out a little early, though, as I was about a fingertip dilated, 50-75% effaced and baby was at station 0 as of Wed. night. Hopefully we can convince her to stay in there for at least a couple more weeks, but I don't know if I'm going to make it to my due date in 5 weeks.
We've spent the last couple days hanging out at the hospice center with Chrisann, Tim's mom, and the family. Unfortunately I have to report that Chrisann's health is declining and the end should be fairly near. She was awake and alert when we were with her Thursday afternoon, but since then has been mostly unresponsive. I'm glad we made it in time to have that afternoon with her, though. We are unsure of how long we will be here; there's really nothing we can do now but wait and pray. God has a plan and a timing for all of this. It may not be all that convenient for us and we may not understand it, but there's nothing we can do but trust in him. He is a good and gracious God.

No comments:

Post a Comment