Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Little Man

In case you missed the news, we had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound last week and discovered that Baby Kelleher #3 is a BOY!!!  Here are just a couple pictures from the ultrasound (pay no attention to the fact that they scanned in crookedly).

Thumbs up!  I guess he's telling us he's okay.

Can you see his face on the right?
It's easiest to make out the nose and little lips.

Oddly, this baby was faced out for the whole ultrasound.  Both of our girls were faced up, so it was easy to get profile pictures of them.  We couldn't get a profile picture of this guy!  Typically ultrasound techs aren't supposed to reveal the gender of the baby or really anything of what they see.  This one told us immediately that he was a boy.  She found him and right away said, "There's the gender, right there."  She asked Tim what he thought he saw and he said "Girl."  She answered, "Nope.  It's a boy!" and then pointed out his little boy parts.  I couldn't see it at that point, but we have a printed picture from later during the ultrasound in which his boy-ness is very evident.  I'm thankful that it was so obvious!  I didn't want an "iffy" answer on the gender.  :)

But the best news of all:  he's healthy!  All his measurements were within normal ranges, so he looks healthy and normal so far.  Praise God!!  Is it possible that we could have three healthy normal babies?!  It seems like such a miracle, knowing that there are so many different things that could go wrong.

We are very excited about adding a boy to our family.  Obviously a third girl would have been fun, too, and a lot easier in some ways.  We already have tons of baby girl stuff.  We're going to have to start over a bit now that there's a boy on the way!  Fortunately we have consistently gone gender-neutral with big tickets items.  And the nursery is green.

I think it will be so fun to have both genders.  It should add some fun new dynamics (and possibly challenges) to our family.  Tim is very excited, too.  He wasn't really allowing himself to imagine having a boy; I think he had already resigned himself to a third girl!  But now that he knows there's a boy coming, he's realizing more and more of what that means, and getting more and more excited.  The other day he said to me, "Now I'll have someone to leave my tools to!"  :)  I guess that's important.  I just keep reminding him that all of those things that he is excited to do with a son, he can also do with his daughters.  I know, I know.  I'm sure it's different somehow.  All I know is my sister and I became pretty proficient at being the sons our dad never had.  :)

Thank you, Lord, for our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment